Korea is a very important partner with US. According to the future-oriented change of their industry structure with rapidly developing sciece and technology, the importance of intellectual property rights including patents are ever increasing. As KORUS FTA went into effect on March 15, this year, legal service market has been opened in Korea. Many major law firms announced to establish offices in Korea. Obtaining and enforcing patent rights will be easier and more streamlined. UKC provides excellent opportunities in contacting and networking patent law clients and patent law firms.
- Accelerated patent processing - USPTO adopts priority paths for examination to fight examination backlog.
- Strategies for Commercializing University Innovation in the US
- Current issues for Korea and US patent practice
Target Audience Group
Korea's entrepreneurs, scientists, engineers and representative government officials.
Date and Location
- Date: Aug. 9, 2012 Thursday, 4:00pm - 5:45pm
- Location: TBD
Intellectual property forum sponsors can have benefits of making speech in the forum and having closed sessions with potential clients. KIAT Industry forum is held in the moring on the same day when IP forum is held. Networking opportunity is facilitated with the time and space arrangement.
- Chanmin Park (email@example.com, Law Offices of Kim, Lee & Park)
- Paul T. Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org, President, Korea-Us IP Foundation)