1. LG Electronics
Speakrs: Yoonhong Kim, Yusang Kang
Title: Introduction of LGE and Recruitment Process
Jongdae Lee University of California, San Diego
Jung Joo Hwang International Innovation Initiative
2. SK Hynix
Speaker: Joon Young Kim, Director of SK hynix Mobile Solutions
3. KIMS (Korea Institute of Materials Science)
Presenter: Gun Hwan Lee, Ph.D., Principle Researcher
4. UNIST (Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology)
5. NFRI (National Fusion Research Institute)
Speaker: Dong-Yub Kang, Manager, NFRI S&M Business Division
6. KRICT (Korean Research Institute of Chemical Technology)
Speaker: Pilho Kim, Manager, Global Cooperation Team
7. GIST (Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology)
Speaker: Kwan-Heng Lee, Vice President
Title: Introduction of GIST
8. KIMM (Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials)
Speaker: Ji Hyeon, Seo, External Relations Officer
Collaboration between academia and industry is crucial in advancement of new technology. Increasingly, industry-sponsored researches activities in academia are filling the gap left by the decreasing government funding on academic research. Korean industry is looking to forge alliance with US academic institutes and entrepreneurs to find new avenues. Industry Forum will focus on providing
- Opportunities for KSEA sponsors to present their projects that may interest KSEA members and UKC audience
- Opportunities for academics and entrepreneurs to network and forge future collaborations
Each presenter will have 15 minutes to present and 5 minutes for Q&A
Jongdae Lee, University of California, San Diego Co-Chair
Bo Ryu, President, EpiSys Science, Inc.
The goal of this forum is to provide students, postdocs, and academics with the third career option besides a career in academia or corporations and the basic information on how to become an entrepreneur.
Keynote speech, Sungmo Kang (KAIST, President) "Career Opportunities for S&T Graduates"
Sam Ryu (ExxonMobil) "Personal Experience in a Corporate Environment"
Hansol Hong (Robolink, CEO) "Entrepresneurship 101"
Bo Ryu (EpiSys, President) "TeK One: A Partner for Your Start-Up"
Panel Discussion on Entrepreneurship "Entrepreneurs, AMA"
Moderator: Erik Reinertsen
Panelists: Bo Ryu, Charles Lee (Fitbookr, Co-founer), Phillip Han (Clockwise.MD, Director of Product Management), Kevin Chung (Urbane, Co-founder)