Welcome to the Reunion of the Young Generation Technical and Leadership Conference (YGTLC) Alumni held at the Young Generation and Professional Forum (YGPF) page, both at the US-Korea Conference (UKC) 2011 in Park City, Utah, held from Wednesday through Sunday, August 10-14, 2011.
Have you attended YGTLC San Francisco in 2005, Los Angeles in 2006, New York City in 2007, San Diego in 2008, Dallas in 2009, Washington D.C. in 2010, or Seattle in 2011?
If so, we’re happy to keep in touch with you. It has been 7 years since the birth of YGTLC. We have come a long way since then. YGTLC Founder and UKC Chair Hosin “David” Lee and the Young Generation (YG) organizers are inviting all YGTLC alumni to participate in a special “Reunion of YGTLC Alumni” themed YGPF at UKC 2011 this August at Canyons Resort, a winter ski resort next to Salt Lake City. Make this your one-stop summer vacation trip to reunite with your friends, spend time in the great outdoors, bring new perspective to your career development, and learn a few things about the latest tech trends.
Or are you interested in 1.5 and 2nd generation Korean-American issues in the science or engineering fields?
If so, we’re also happy to welcome you. This meeting will coincide with the reunion of the alumni from the past 7 years of the Young Generation Technical and Leadership Conference, so old and new members can renew or form new friendships. Find out yourself why YG members keep coming back to the KSEA meetings!
What can you do at the YGTLC Reunion at YGPF?
• Upon arrival, spend time catching up with old friends and fellow YGTLC alumni, and meet new YGs and KSEA members.
• In the mornings, listen to world-class UKC speakers including a Nobel Laureate and cutting-edge researchers. See the UKC program schedule.
• In the afternoons, participate in special YG tailored sessions such as a public speaking practice workshop, a short team competition, and YG issues discussions.
• Afternoon outdoor teambuilding exercises include offsite options such as the Olympic Park’s Alpine Slides and zip lines, whitewater rafting/kayaking, ATV tours, mountain biking, horseback riding, trap shoot, golf, tennis, or yoga escapes.
• In the evenings, enjoy networking events such as the career fair, UKC’s Utah Symphony Orchestra concert, stand-up comedian show, farewell rock concert, shopping retreat at Park City’s famous Main Street, overnight camping and bonfire, and relaxing in the resort’s Sundial and Silverado lodges.
How can I get there?
• $100 UKC registration, discounted for early registration and KSEA members, is required for YGPF participation. See the UKC registration and travel grant page for more information.
• Additional lodging, meals, and partial travel support provided to all accepted YGTLC alumni. YGPF will make your lodging reservations with roommates for you. Detailed support information will be provided in the acceptance email.
• Other YGs (1.5 and 2nd generation or under 30 years old) are encouraged to apply for YGPF with acceptance based on available space and varying funding.
How do I sign up?
1) Sign-up for YGPF using this application form.
2) Wait for your YGPF acceptance email.
3) Register with UKC by following this registration link.
4) Update your KSEA membership database information thoroughly.
5) Submit your UKC travel grant application.
6) View the YGPF program schedule for a preview of events.
7) Wait for acceptance to submit your YGPF participant profile using the survey.
Email us at email@example.com if you have any questions. Don’t miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to reunite with all past YGTLC alumni and meet new YGs at an outdoors luxury resort!
Benjamin C. Lee, YGPF Chair
Michelle J. Lee, YGPF Co-Chair
Israel Jung, YGTLC Reunion Chair