UPDATE: Here is the proposed spouse program schedule:
Thursday Aug 11: 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm — beginner Hiking from Red Pine Cafe
Friday Aug 12: 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm — Park City Silver Mine Tour and Hiking
Saturday Aug 13: 9:00 am to 12:30 pm — Deer Valley Luxury Home Tour ($20/person, normally $40/person) https://www.luxuryhometour.org/
2:00 pm — Treasure Hunting from a variety of shopping places
Spouse room Grand Summit Hotel Room 701 will be open from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm throughout the Conference.
Are you planning to come to UKC 2011 with your husband but do not know what to do there? Welcome to the Female Spouse program to find out yourself why female spouses keep coming back to the UKC! To have all nine meals with your husband and join the activities along with other female spouses, please register for the UKC 2011 as a spouse. We discounted the early spouse regsitration fee to $200.
For a spouse registration – An individual spouse should register separately.
1. visit http://ukc.ksea.org/ukc2011/?page_id=971 and then click “Online Registration” button
2. select “No” to all questions. (Speaker, Sponsor, KSEA Member, and KSEA joining questions). If you yes to KSEA joining question. you should register as KSEA member after joining/renewing KSEA membershup.
3. On the registration form, Please select “Yes” on the line saying “Are you a Spouse?”
4. On the next page, you will pay $200 through online credit card payment
5. you will receive a confirmation email ( please check your spam folder if you have not received it)
6. Your UKC registration is completed.
During the husbands are busy attending the UKC 2011 sessions, female spouses can enjoy:
- Having a relaxed morning tea time at the special female spouse meeting room (or, listening to world-class UKC 2011 speakers including a Nobel Laureate and cutting-edge researchers).
- Participating in special female spouse tailored talks such as career counseling, quilting, make-up artist, public speaking workshop, raising a child, gardening, best placce to retire, how to mange a job and a household together, glass ceiling, wine making and where to travel.
- Watching a nationally acclaimed comedian with a message of “Honey, it is my fault!.”
- Riding a ballon to the other side of the Wastch mountains.
- Hiking mountain trails with beatiful wildflowers.
- Biking on safe streets around the Canyons Resort.
- Getting a msassage at the world class spa at the Cayons Resort.
- Having a lunch at the award winning restaurant at Astoria Waldorf Hotel.
- Shopping at the factory outlet in Park City.
- Strolling on the sidewalks of the historical Park City downtown.
- Watching Utah Symphony together with other spouses who appreciate.
- Hitting a golf ball through thin Utah mountain air with less effort.
- Taking Yoga lessons.
- Finding a job from Career Fair.
- Dancing at the Saturday rock concert.
- Swimming and tanning at the pool.
- Attending the Korean-American Women in Scinece and Engineering Program.
- Outdoor teambuilding exercises such as the Olympic Park’s Alpine Slides and zip lines, whitewater rafting/kayaking and horseback riding (Optional).
Email us at email@example.com if you have any questions. Don’t miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet other female spouses who have a common interest of living happily with a scientist and/or an engineer!