Travel Support and Travel Reimbursement Policy
Conference Travel Support Guideline
|3UKC Plenary||4-5 for UKC||Full||Up to 3 nights||Full waiver||Full|
|4Symposium Chair||1 per Symposium||Up to $500||Up to 3 nights||Full waiver||Full|
|4Symp. Co-Chair||2 per Symposium||Up to $400||Up to 3 nights||Full waiver||Full|
|5Session Invited||1 per session||Up to $400||1 night||Full waiver||None|
|Forum Chair||1 per Forum||Up to $400||1 night||Full waiver||None|
|Forum Speaker & Panelist||No limit||Up to $400||None||Per guideline||None|
|Oral Presenter||No limit||Up to $400||None||Per guideline||None|
|Poster Presenter||No limit||Up to $400||None||Per guideline||None|
|6Students||No limit /Per travel award||Up to $400||Per travel award||Per guideline||Per travel award|
|6Post-docs||No limit /Per travel award||Up to $400||Per travel award||Per guideline||Per travel award|
|6Early Career in YGPF||No limit /Per travel award||Up to $400||Per travel award||Per guideline||Per travel award|
- 1Travel reimbursement request must be submitted by August 28, 2017. Please note that
- KSEA membership for the 2017-2018 term is required to receive any level of support,
- you are not eligible for the UKC travel support, if you receive travel reimbursement from any institution,
- documented proof is required for travel reimbursement, and
- reimbursement for your flight ticket is provided up to the maximum amount.- The maximum amount of travel reimbursement is determined based on Google map distance, as shown below.
|One-way distance||For up to $400||For up to $500|
|Less than 100 miles||Maximum $30||Maximum $50|
|100-300 miles||Maximum $100||Maximum $150|
|300-750 miles||Maximum $150||Maximum $200|
|750-1,500 miles||Maximum $200||Maximum $250|
|1,500-2,000 miles||Maximum $250||Maximum $300|
|2,000-2,500 miles||Maximum $300||Maximum $400|
|More than 2,500 miles||Maximum $400||Maximum $500|
– Reimbursement for driving a personal vehicle is calculated $0.50 per mile up to the maximum amount indicated in the table above. This amount includes all travel costs (except for the hotel lodging and the meals), such as air ticket, baggage fees, toll, parking, shuttle/subway, Uber, taxi, rental car, personal vehicle, etc. Other expenses such as hotel tips will NOT be reimbursed.
- 2The following discounts may apply to your online registration fee ($500 from May 1 to May 31; $550 from June 1 to June 30) and on-site registration fee ($650). Best of all, many of these discounts are cumulative: you can combine multiple discounts for substantial savings.
– Early registration discount by 5/31/2017: $80
– Presenter (oral/poster) discount: $50
– Early 1-page paper submission by 3/31/2017: $50
– KSEA membership discount: $70
In addition, the UKC 2017 Travel Award Committee will provide registration discounts for all qualified applicants of the Travel Award of up to
– $250 to KSEA student members,
– $150 to KSEA post-doc members, and
– $150 to KSEA early career YGPF presenters.
See instructions of Travel Award Application at bottom.
- 3A UKC Plenary speaker who travels on his/her own funds may receive $500 as an honorarium. The distance-based reimbursement does not apply to UKC plenary speakers, who may receive full airfare and other miscellaneous expenses.
- 4Symposium chairs and symposium co-chairs should present their papers in order to receive the travel support. Symposium chairs and co-chairs may serve as the plenary speakers for their respective symposiums.
- 5Session invited speakers are NOT required to have KSEA membership.
- 6Students, post-docs, and early career professionals can receive more benefits by applying for the Travel Award Program detailed below.
- The travel award applications will be closed at 11:59 pm, April 28, 2017, EDT-USA. Decisions will be based on academic achievement, leadership experiences, or career stage, up to 100 awardees with notifications to follow.
- Travel award recipients are required to attend 2 plenary sessions (Thursday and Friday), 1 symposium, and opening and closing YGPF sessions, and will receive benefits of 3 nights of lodging (Thursday, Friday, & Saturday) with roommates, and 4 meals (Thursday dinner, Friday lunch, Friday dinner, and Saturday lunch) and additional registration discounts for students, post-docs, and early career professionals in YGPF.
Applications for Travel Award Program must include:
- The Travel Award Application online form, found under the Registration/Travel->Travel Award page, requires the following documents:
– Travel Award Application Online Form (KSEA membership no. required)
– CV or resume for interview matching with industry sponsors (upload in PDF)
– For student only: Proof of student status(unofficial transcript)(upload in PDF)
- Students and post-docs must also separately submit a 1-page paper for oral or poster presentation to either a symposium (technical topic) or YGPF (career or leadership topic).
- Early career professionals must also separately submit a 1-page paper on career or leadership for oral or poster presentation to YGPF only
- Hotel support is up to the group-negotiated rate with Hyatt Regency Crystal City ($119/night before tax) wherever the participants stay.
- No honorarium is offered unless approved by the Conference Chair and Financial Director.