1. Travel reimbursement policy is as follows:
- Reimbursement for your travel is provided up to the maximum amount based on a one-way Google map distance from your home address to the UKC venue, as shown below:
- Reimbursement for driving a personal vehicle is calculated $0.50 per mile one-way up to the maximum amount indicated in the table above. c. Reimbursement amount includes all travel costs (except for hotel lodging and meals), such as airfare, baggage fees, parking, subway, shuttle, taxi, Uber/Lyft, rental car, toll, personal vehicle, etc. Other expenses such as hotel tips will NOT be reimbursed.
- i. Documented proof of travel is required.
ii. KSEA membership for the 2019-2020 term is required to receive any level of support.
iii. Not eligible if you receive travel reimbursement from any institution.
iv. Reimbursement request must be submitted by August 31, 2019. (The travel reimbursement form will be available on the web right after UKC 2019.)
2. Lodging: The person can upgrade the room by paying the price difference.
The max lodging support is up to the group rate – ($119+tax)/night.
3. Registration fee and discounts are shown on Registration Information page.
4. TG Symposium chairs and TG symposium co-chairs should be presenters to receive the travel support.
5. Students and post-doc presenters, in addition to $400 of travel support from UKC, can receive lodging support from the Lodging Support Application detailed in Item #7.
6. Industry professionals accepted into the Young Generation and Professional Forums (YG/PF), in addition to $400 of travel support from UKC, can receive lodging support from the Lodging Support Application detailed in Item #7.
7. Lodging Support Application details:
- Applicant Eligibility:
- Students (entering junior or senior undergraduate and graduate)
- Industry professionals who apply to YG/PF
- Application Requirements:
- Apply through UKC 2019 website
- Resume or CV
- Unofficial transcript (for students)
- Offer or employment letter (post-docs)
- Lodging Award application and required items are due online at the UKC website by April 15, 2019.
- Notifications of up to 100 awardees will be sent by May 15, 2019.
- Recipient Requirements:
- Present talk or poster (optional for undergraduate students). Technical or research extended abstracts must be submitted to a Symposium but will still be eligible for support. Only career or leadership topics are accepted into YG/PF and all other topics will be rejected.
- Be a paid KSEA member
- Attend all 3 plenary sessions (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday)
- Any missed attendance and presentation may result in partial travel reimbursement
- Recipient Award:
- 3 nights of lodging (Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday) at the conference hotel with a roommate. Saturday night lodging is not included but may be bought at the conference rate during registration.
- 3 meals (Thursday breakfast, Friday dinner, and Saturday breakfast)