The Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association (KSEA) hosts its first StartUp Pitch Competition on August 17th, 2019 during the US-Korea Conference (UKC) in Chicago, Illinois. The competition aims to provide promising early-stage companies from the US and Korea with the platform to pitch their innovative solutions, ideas, and technologies to a captivated audience of industry professionals and acclaimed investors, especially promoting US-Korea cross-border startups that would maximize the synergy between the two countries. Of the many that apply, about 10 competition finalists will go head-to-head to compete for various types of awards including admissions to an acceleration program in the Silicon Valley area.
Selected Benefits to Semifinalists and Finalists
• On site 1:1 meeting with a matched venture capitalist
• Poster presentation to those who are invited – investors, technologists, and industry veterans
• Networking events with investors and potential partners
How To Apply
Interested? We’d love to see you pitch! We request all applicants to submit a short video (video link) that gives us a sense of who you are and how your solution would be propelling the future of the world. Video submissions should cover the following points in less than 5 minutes:
- Your startup’s value proposition
- Problem(s) your product and/or service is solving
- Why your startup is a good fit for the KSEA StartUp Pitch Competition
Eligible startups must meet the following criteria as May 31,2019:
- Have not received more than US$5 million in funding
- Are less than 7 years old
- Application due (extended) ————————- Saturday, June 15th, 2019, 11:59 PM in EDT
- Semifinalists notification ————————— Saturday, June 15th, 2019 ~June 30th (rolling)
- Finalists notification ———————————- Saturday, June 30th, 2019
- Pitch! ——————————————————– Saturday, August 17th, 2019
- Winners announcement ———————— Saturday, August 17th, 2019
How To Win
- Competition Finalists are expected to prepare a presentation showcasing the company’s innovative solution, idea, and/or technology. Finalists will pitch in English.
- Each pitch will be timed to 5 minutes. At the end of the pitch, the panel of judges will be given additional 2 minutes for Q&A (up to two questions).
- Finalists will be assessed by a dedicated panel of judges consisting of acclaimed investors and industry professionals, and the results will be announced at the Award Ceremony & Closing Session on the same day.
Questions may also be sent to email@example.com.
Many venture capitalists from USA and Korea accepted to judge or sponsor the competition.