The Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association (KSEA) hosts its second Startup Pitch Competition on December 16th, 2020 during the US-Korea Conference (UKC) that is held online due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The competition aims to provide promising early-stage companies from the US and Korea with the platform to pitch their innovative solutions, ideas, and technologies to a captivated audience of industry professionals and acclaimed investors, especially promoting US-Korea cross-border startups that would maximize the synergy between the two countries. Of the many that apply, about 10 competition finalists will go head-to-head to compete for various types of awards including cash awards.
Selected Benefits to Semifinalists and Finalists
- 1:1 online meeting with a matched venture capitalist
- Poster presentation to those who are invited – investors, technologists, and industry veterans
- Networking events with investors and potential partners
- Scale-up opportunities through partnership with KSEA and its affiliated professional societies
How To Apply
Interested? We’d love to see you pitch! We request all applicants to submit a short video (video link) that gives us a sense of who you are and how your solution would be propelling the future of the world. Please submit your application at https://bit.ly/2SY20KV. Video submissions should cover the following points in less than 5 minutes:
- Your startup’s value proposition
- Problem(s) your product and/or service is solving
- Why your startup is a good fit for the KSEA StartUp Pitch Competition
Eligible startups must meet the following criteria as of September 30, 2020:
- Have not received more than US$5 million in funding
- Are less than 7 years old
Timeline (11:59 PM in Eastern time)
|Application due||November 8th, 2020|
|Semifinalists notification||November 12th, 2020|
|Finalists notification||November 21st, 2020|
|Pitch competition||December 16th, 2020|
|Winners announcement||December 17th, 2020|
How to Win
- Competition Finalists are expected to prepare a presentation showcasing the company’s innovative solution, idea, and/or technology. Finalists will pitch in English.
- Each pitch will be timed to 5 minutes. At the end of the pitch, the panel of judges will be given additional 3 minutes for Q&A (up to three questions).
- Finalists will be assessed by a dedicated panel of judges consisting of acclaimed investors and industry professionals, and the results will be announced at the Award Ceremony & Closing Session on the next day.
Questions may also be sent to email@example.com.
Many venture capitalists from USA and Korea accepted to judge or sponsor the competition.